February 15, 2007

A slippery slope to insanity

Good lord it's been a crazy week. And the madness will only spill into next week as well. Allow me to back this thang up...

This past weekend, TinRoof's parents came to town. Good times were had by all. Much delicious food was eaten. Two most excellent performances were seen. (Though, by the by, avoid the first quarto of Hamlet - in comparison with the traditional folio, the language is horribly clumsy. I mean, To be or not to be, that is the point?!?!) Needless to say, I didn't accomplish much else this weekend (not that I'm complaining).

Monday was my birthday - as you might have known. My present to myself was to sleep in later than I should have. After that it was class and then attempted research, meaning every time I started to get work done, another friend would call to say Happy Birthday and want to catch up for awhile. (PS. Many thanks for all the calls and well wishes.) Finally the phone died down and I once again began to work... and then the building's fire alarm went off. I couldn't freaking believe it. Eventually I gave up and headed to dinner, bible study, and drinks.

Tuesday occurred.

Yesterday was Valentines Day. To avert the risk of enraging the anti-v-day masses, I'll simply say it was a wonderful day with an amazing woman (despite the fact that I was required to hold office hours from 4-6 and again from 7-9. Hey undergrads, have I told you lately that I hate you?)

That brings us up to date. Part of the reason I've been so busy in the week thus far is because of what lies ahead. This weekend we're off to Snowshoe Mountain for some skiing. I am ridiculously excited. I love skiing. Then I will be spending the early part of next week in DC at Andrews Air Force Base for some kind of physiological training. From what I can tell, it's going to be me and a bunch of air force pilots in an oxygen chamber. I'll be sure to post details after it all goes down - assuming I don't die.

I suddenly have the urge to once again provide you with a pointless view about something completely random - after all, what are blogs for? So let me just say this - there are rules to eating a cinnamon roll. In fact in high school a friend and I fully developed the theory of cinnamon rolls. I even wrote my college entrance essay to this end. One day soon I'll post that essay and we can discuss why cinnamon rolls are awesome.

1 comment:

Hal said...

Um . . . do you even work anymore?