December 06, 2006

a One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all

Just a quick addendum to yesterday's post regarding fast food. Coincidence or not, I found it humorous that yesterday two stories broke in the news regarding health scares and food chains. Taco Bell had an E. coli outbreak spanning three states. And now it seems Jamba Juice is concerned about smoothies contaminated with deadly bugs! I suppose that isn't funny after all.

In other obscure news, some crazy lady shot her husband for serving her a warm beer. I guess us St. Louisans really do love our cold brews. She must be a strict student of the property of ones. You know...the ONEitude is directly proportional to the Colditude of the ONE. What confuses me is - this was a house that has been without power due to the recent ice storms. The house must have been freezing! How did the beer get warm? If nothing else, set it on the porch or something! Also, this other crazy lady had her son arrested for playing with his Christmas present before Christmas.

Anyhow, sorry for the news-link post. I won't make a habit of it. I promise my next post will be more irrelevant.

3 comments:

Hal said...

She shot him over a Stag.

I find it slightly amusing because one of the uncles on my mom's side always has a Stag in his hand at family get-togethers. It could be a funeral and he'd have a cooler 'neath his chair.

I've never actually tried it. I'm told it's awful. I'm not sure I'd know the difference.

Jared and Beth said...

I appreciate your use of the word "'neath".
This evening at a Christmas party I was greatly enjoying the words "heav'n" and "giv'n".

Anonymous said...

You have a category for beer?