December 27, 2006

Baby it's cold outside

I hope everybody's Christmas was as fun and family-filled as mine. I have been enjoying the time at home to relax these past few days. I had even nearly forgotten what it is I research. But then last night after a few beers with my friend Voce99, I started to remember how much I actually hate grad school. I've been meaning to talk to the parents about this past semester's school-related unhappiness but haven't gotten around to it yet. For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, I'll likely post more details soon. But for now, let's just say I've been going through a quarter-life crisis in which I've decided I have talents and passions (namely music and theatre) that I am not using to their potential. Meanwhile, I find myself caring less and less about the field I am in. Anyhow - enough of that.

In other news, my brother and his wife are taking the family out to The Melting Pot in St. Louis as their present to us all. I'm quite excited as I've been dying to try the place. The word on the street is "over-priced" but I have a feeling it's still going to be delicious and fun. And besides...I'm not paying.

Finally, I've discovered another obnoxious thing about being home... the phrase "Don't you think you should wear a coat?" and all variants thereof. For some reason, my parents trust me to do many things - but not dress myself. I can't leave the house without hearing "It's a bit chilly out, better take your coat." For crying out loud! If I'd wanted it, I'd have it in my hands already!

TinRoof arrives tomorrow to meet the parents. I'm excited.

No comments: